Dhallywood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mim, Mehzabien turn down Vishal Bhardwaj's film for ‘misrepresenting Bangladesh’

Go down

Mim, Mehzabien turn down Vishal Bhardwaj's film for ‘misrepresenting Bangladesh’ Empty Mim, Mehzabien turn down Vishal Bhardwaj's film for ‘misrepresenting Bangladesh’

Post by Admin Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:44 pm

The actors alleged that the film ‘misrepresents the political history of Bangladesh’

Actor and model, Bidya Sinha Mim, has recently admitted turning down the opportunity of working with prominent
Bollywood filmmaker Vishal Bhardwaj on his latest political feature “Khufiya.”

The actor alleged that the film ‘misrepresents the political history of Bangladesh.’ She said, "It's difficult to say no to a renowned director. I have admired him for a long time. It was also my first offer for a Bollywood film. But I had to unfortunately turn it down.”

The actor and model is currently busy shooting for her next film "Antorjal."

According to reports, small screen popular actor Mehazabien Chowdhury was offered the same role in July and she too turned it down.

“The casting director contacted me via Whatsapp. They were specifically looking for a Bangladeshi actor. I was initially very happy. But when I read the script, I had to say no. I did not want to start my film career with such a controversial film that misrepresents our political history,” she said in an interview.

Vishal Bhardwaj is best known for his Shakespeare trilogy 'Maqbool', ‘Omkara’ and 'Haidar.’ He is the recipient of seven National Film Awards in four categories.

written by dhakatribune.comMim, Mehzabien turn down Vishal Bhardwaj's film for ‘misrepresenting Bangladesh’ Img_2010
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://dhallywood.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down